Tuesday 28 February 2012

Macaroons are the new cupcake

http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/multicoloured-macaroons

Above is the recipe from which I made my macaroons. I found the trick with them is not in the baking, ( as anything with almonds in always tastse delicious is my opinion ) it's getting them symmetrical.

First time I made them they tasted lovely ( which is why I urge you all to have a go) but looked messy. Second attempt, I was reasonably happy with my almost circular macaroons. Sofar, I have just added food colouring in many different colours - making them look gorgeous atleast. I am soon to enter the world as flavourings though with vanilla, choloate and orange, rose and pistachio. - Just some of the flavours I wish to have a go at.

Fear not if you can't get round macaroons: I have been notified that Lakelands are bringing out a tray to help you achieve perfectly round macaroons (ingenious) - I will keep you posted.

Have a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment